Tattoo Numbing Cream New Zealand: Everything You Need to Know
Getting a tattoo can be an exciting and rewarding experience. However, it can also be painful, especially if you're getting a large tattoo or a tattoo in a sensitive area. That's where tattoo numbing cream comes in. Tattoo numbing cream is a topical cream that can help to reduce the pain of getting a tattoo.
How does tattoo numbing cream work?
Tattoo numbing cream works by temporarily desensitizing the skin. This is done by blocking the pain signals that are sent from the skin to the brain. Tattoo numbing cream typically contains a local anesthetic, such as lidocaine or prilocaine.
What are the different types of tattoo numbing cream?
There are two main types of tattoo numbing cream: over-the-counter and prescription. Over-the-counter tattoo numbing cream is available at most pharmacies and drugstores. Prescription tattoo numbing cream is stronger and is typically only available from a doctor.
How to use tattoo numbing cream
To use tattoo numbing cream, simply apply it to the area where you are getting your tattoo 90 minutes before the tattoo session. Be sure to follow the directions on the product label carefully.
Does tattoo numbing cream really work?
Tattoo numbing cream does work to reduce the pain of getting a tattoo. However, it is important to note that it will not eliminate the pain entirely. The effectiveness of tattoo numbing cream will also vary depending on the individual, the size and location of the tattoo, and the type of tattoo numbing cream used.
Is tattoo numbing cream safe?
Tattoo numbing cream is generally safe for most people. However, it is important to talk to your doctor before using tattoo numbing cream, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or if you are taking any medications.
Where to buy tattoo numbing cream in New Zealand
You can buy tattoo numbing cream in New Zealand at most pharmacies, however the ones on offer here are renown for having little to no effect, which overall can turn people of tattoo numbing cream. If you are looking for numbing cream that is actually effective try Toochi Tattoo numbing cream, which has hundreds of reviews from customers detailing how long it has lasted for them. Which is on average 3 - 10 hours.
Tips for using tattoo numbing cream
Here are a few tips for using tattoo numbing cream:
- Apply the cream to the area where you are getting your tattoo 90 minutes before the tattoo session.
- Apply a thick layer of cream and cover it with plastic wrap. This will activate the cream by allowing it to heat to skin temperature, and by keeping it moist it will stay active throughout the 90mins.
- Wash the cream off thoroughly with a sterilizing soap, and water before the tattoo session begins - such as Foaming Greensoap which you can purchase here - or alternatively your tattoo artist should have something similar
- Shave the area the day prior to the tattoo session, this will allow the layer of skin to settle prior to your tattoo, and also allow the numbing cream to penetrate the skin better, without the hair getting in the way.
Tattoo numbing cream can be a helpful tool for reducing the pain of getting a tattoo. However, it is important to note that for most people it will not eliminate the pain entirely. It is also important to talk to your doctor before using tattoo numbing cream, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or if you are taking any medications. If you are allergic to tattoo numbing cream you will likely feel a burning sensation within minutes of applying the numbing cream, if this is the case, remove it immediately.
Here is some additional information about tattoo numbing cream that may be helpful:
- Tattoo numbing cream can be used for any type of tattoo, but it is especially helpful for large tattoos and tattoos in sensitive areas, such as the ribs, spine, and feet.
- Tattoo numbing cream can also be used to reduce the pain of laser tattoo removal.
- Tattoo numbing cream can also interact with certain medications. Be sure to talk to your doctor before using tattoo numbing cream if you are taking any medications.
- Tattoo numbing cream is for topical use only - do not use on any cuts, grazed or recently tattooed skin - or any other area where it could get into your bloodstream.
Why choose a New Zealand tattoo numbing cream?
There are a few reasons why you might want to choose a New Zealand tattoo numbing cream. First, New Zealand products are known for their high quality. New Zealand tattoo numbing creams are more effective than other knock off brands on the market, and when choosing a local company such as New Zealand company Toochi Tattoos, your order is sent from within New Zealand so you will receive your order quickly.